Performance and power consumption benchmark
Klepsydra has run performance benchmarks for large volumes of data processing in different scenarios for space data applications.
The following two figures show performance vs power consumption benchmarks for Xilinx ZedBoard and for a Space-certified microcontroller respectively.
These benchmarks compare Klepsydra software against a traditional data processing technique.
They show that Klepsydra gives users the freedom to decide to:
- Process substantially more data using the same power (CPU)
- Process the same amount of data and dramatically reduce power consumption.
- Or a combination of both of these.
Utilisation in CubeSats for Remote Sensing
Remote sensing on-board data processing can fully take advantage of Klepsydra software, which translates into the following benefits:
- Increase processing on-board to compress data and hence reduce downlink time.
- Implement intelligent data analysis solution (e.g.AI-based image selection) on-board reducing data volumen for downlink.
Utilisation for Telecom and Constellations
Increasing on-board data processing achieved with Klepsydra can bring benefits like:
- Increase revenues for telecom companies, as more paid requests from customers can be processed and with lower latency
- Improve CubeSat constellation position with a tighter network and distributed computing applications.